Friday, September 20, 2013

Dimwit...

If you read the Daily Dimwit, you know he busted a bunch of Ginter's this year. Luckily for me, he decided to sell a bunch of it off to recoup some of the outlay for his fun. A few quick emails, and we had a deal for one of my missing full sized Phils, a few other base cards for my PCs, a Wiggy silk card, and the entire One Little Corner insert.


The Wigginton is my first silk card and it is definitely a very cool addition to my Phillies collection. The main reason for this little deal is that top dead center card of Mr. Schmidt, and the last of the full sized Ginter cards I need for the Ginter's Phillies team set for 2013. The Wynn card is just cause... just cause I have an 8x10 autographed photo of him hanging in my cubicle at work from a contest I won early on in my blogging history.


The second reason for striking this awesome little deal with Sam is the "One Little Corner" insert set. I really love this insert from Ginter's and was able to get the entire set from Sam at what I think is an awesome price (kinda think I stole it actually!!)


I don't know about you, but I'm excited at the possible prospect of mankind stepping foot on mars, perhaps in my lifetime.

I have the proper telescope filters for daytime viewing of our closest star. Every now and then, I have to remind folks that what we commonly refer to as the sun is actually the closest star to the earth!!



The main reason I purchase my 4.5" telescope is to get up close and personal with the earth's closest celestial neighbor. I've also viewed Saturn and it's rings, total size across the rings comes in less than the diameter of a no. 2 pencil eraser, but still pretty impressive for viewing at between 746 million to  just over a billion miles!


The furthest gas giant from the sun. When I eat a few too many veggies or beans, I begin to feel like a gas giant myself!!

From Wikipedia: "Because of its unstable nature, astronomers now consider the scattered disc to be the place of origin for most periodic comets observed in the Solar System"

Thanks for the cards Sam.

thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!
Dawgbones


No comments: