Thursday, November 11, 2010

An interesting aquisition... plus a pack break (or two)

First and Foremost, on this most solemn of holidays, I would like to say to all of our Service men and women,

Thank You for your Service!

 



And now,
While out in Arizona on vacation, I managed to aquire an interesting card for my meager New York Yankees card collection:






I did not know Elway played anything other than football!

Since returning home, I decided to try my luck at some Topps 2010 Baseball Update Series.

At 12 cards per pack for the $1.99 price, it's something I can afford to try, I like the Topps stuff since I completed the Topps 2010 Opening Day set late this summer.


These two packs contained 19 base cards, a legends card, a Turkey Red card, a Million Card Giveaway code card plus two Attax cards (small gripe here, I wish Topps would numbers these Attax cards, it would be easier to organize them). These packs presented 18 teams, including a Roy Halladay (US-100) for my Phillies collection. The first pack opened contained a David Wright Attax card, a Vintage Legends Lou Gehrig card and a cool Turkey Red Thurmon Munson card (No. 140). The second pack contained a Nick Markakis Attax card and the Topps Million Card Giveaway car No. TMC-28 (Mike Schmidt).



Here is a scan of the Turkey Red card, which will also go into my Yankees collection along with the Gehrig.

Overall, I am very pleased with my first impression of the update series, I don't know if I will collect the entire set, but I will definitely try a few more packs in the immediate future.

The other cards in the packs were:
US-6 - Adam Ottavino - Cardinals
US-24 - NL East Origins (Checklist 6 of 10)
US-39 - Kila Ka'Aihue - Royals
US-60 - Miguel Tejada - Padres
US-74 - Ryan Church - D-Backs
US-126 - Elvis Andrus - Rangers AL Allstar
US-154 - Jose Guillen - Giants
US-164 - Gaby Sanchez - Marlins
US-179 - Juan Pierre - White Sox
US-181 - J.P. Arencibia - Blue Jays
US-188 - Orlando Hudson - Twins
US-220 - John Lester - Red Sox AL Allstar
US-256 - Mike Gonzalez - Orioles
US-262 - Rob Johnson - Mariners
US-281 - Jose Valverde - Tigers AL Allstar
US-287 - Alex Sanabia - Marlins
US-302 - Pedro Feliz - Cardinals
US-312 - Coco Crisp - Atheltics

Some more scans:



That's about it for now. I will try to post more later including acknowledging a few trades that convinced me to try my hand at blogging.

A big thanks to Mike over at:

BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet 



 and to Big D over at:

Hey, That's Mine!

for making my second and third trades successful and inspiring me to start this little project.


No comments: