Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rummaging through my memories...

A few weeks ago, Mrs. Dawgbones started cleaning out the garage. Finishing with the lower portion, she turned her attention to the attic, where we had a bunch of stuff (way-too-much according to her) stored.
Pulling all of the household items, sorting them ,and several trips to Goodwill later, we (and by we, she means me) are left with the boxes that contain stuff that I'd accumulated over the years. Not wanting to leave anything out, she proceeds to inform me that it is time to whittle down the "junk".

Which leads me to today's post (and several others to come). Amongst the memories from my childhood reside a lot of things that I'd totally forgotten that I possessed. The first items I will share with you today.

Back in the early 2000's Fleer put out a set of build-it-yourself little plane models. These came as ~2"x4" pre-cut, printed on plastic air-craft, representing all the NFL teams. I'd picked up a pack of these, thinking to collect the ones for my team at the time. (little did I know at the time that a sports figure could do something so despicable to me that I would shun my team for hiring him!)

Now, they are the subject of today's post, and available for trading if anybody happens to be interested:

We have the Minnesota Vikings:

The Kansas City Chiefs:

The Carolina Panthers:

And the Cincinatti Bengals:

For grins and giggles, I punched out the Vikings and put it together, but the photos I took with my IPOD are too blurry to post.

Among the items for future posts include some Bobbleheads, die-cast cars, and frankly I've been a little to depressed trying to figure out which memories to discard :-( to go through the rest of the boxes yet to see what is in them.

If anybody is interested in these, let me know.
Have a GReat Sunday.
Dawgbones

1 comment:

Spankee said...

I've never seen those before. Pretty sweet!