Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A snowy trip to Target...

Ventured forth into the snowy south-east yesterday, and bought three packs of cards whilst at Target.
2 packs of Topps Update and 1 discounted pack of 2007 Fleer Ultra.
The update packs yielded several base cards for my set, and a couple doubles that will probably go in the mail this week.
The Fleer, on the other hand...
Advertising 5 cards per pack for the $1.59 buying price yielded 4 keepers and two extras.
Yes, that's right, a bonus 6th card in the pack.
The results:
a Josh Beckett for my Red Sox PC
a Joe Nathan for my Twins PC
a J.J. Hardy for my PTWT#7 PC (Players That Wear the #7)









a Rafael Furcal from the Dodgers (up for grabs)
a Kevin Kouzmanoff from the Padres (up for grabs)

Oh, and that 6th card that was in the pack, one for my Yankees collection, a genuine Derek Jeter Faces of the Game, Jersey relic card!! Yep, that's right, my first Relic card, pulled from a pack. I can now change my vote for the Mojo pack to this one!!Pretty danged cool. Yeah, it's only a gray swatch, but it's my gray swatch!! Not bad at all for $1.59.

Thanks for reading, have a GReat day!!


Dawgbones

1 comment:

Funner Here said...

I'd say that is a sweet lot of cards you got for 1.59. The Jeter jersey card is worth more than that alone. Nice pick ups!