Sunday, May 27, 2012

A day to Remember...

Though not my favorite holiday, Memorial Day is the second most important holiday during the year for me.

The first occurs near the end of the year, Veteran's Day, when we pause to offer thanks to all those men and women who serve and have served to guarantee the freedoms that we enjoy every day, like the long and winding two lane road from Virginia Beach down to Knott's Island, North Carolina and back, best enjoyed on two wheels that my wife, sister-in-law, and I road yesterday.

Memorial Day is the day when we pause to offer thanks and praise for all those that have paid the ultimate price for serving.



To all mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children of our fallen, I offer my sincerest condolences for your loss, and thanks to their spirits for their sacrifice. May they rest in peace.


thanks for indulging me,
Have a GReat day everybody! And thank a service member today if you see one.
Dawgbones