Friday, January 4, 2013

An unexpected present!! YEEEEE!!! HAW!!!

So, yesterday was my 45th birthday. No biggie, just another day. I've reached the point in my life when presents, so appreciated, are not necessarily necessary. My wife and I generally find each other a fun or amusing card and go out to eat with family and/or friends.

For those of my readers that don't know, I am also on Facebook, as many of us are. As such, I play some games, including the two versions of Car Town. I've become frustrated with some of the stuff in Car Town EX over the holiday break, and was just about ready to give up on it, until yesterday.

The basic premise of the game is to collect cars and compete against your game neighbors in drag races and other challenges. I've been trying for over a year now to complete some of the stuff and striving to buy some of the cars. Certain cars are available at certain times and/or game levels. I'd been waiting patiently for a '69 Charger to show back up as I've always dreamed of owning a "General Lee"

After successfully completing all levels of this week's Leaderboard challenge, I received all of the prizes, including a bronze level mystery box. Yesterday, I opened my mystery box at lunch and received:


YES!! HELL YEAH!! Got my Charger!! And with a quick trip to the image pages of google, followed by an upload of the proper graphics, a new "body" kit (consisting only of a push bar for $20k!), and the closest wheels I could find, I have my very own:



even if it is in a game, it's still a pretty damned cool and totally unexpected birthday present!!

Someday the mountain might get em, but the Law never WILL!!
thanks for indulging me today!
Have a GReat day!!
Dawgbones

No comments: