Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Are you ready for another rant?

So, I'm out to dinner last night with my wife and her sister when we decide to go by Wally World before returning home. I pick up a Wally World 2011 Topps Series 1 Blaster to try after a few more black parallels. Upon opening the packs this morning, I run across another of Topps' anomilies. Out of the blaster, I am supposed to receive 10 packs plus one commememerative patch card and 2 packs of exclusive black background parallel cards, at 8 cards per pack for a total of 81 cards. I am happily ripping away at the packs until I reach the "exclusives". One would figure on getting 16 black background cards per blaster, check this out:



Yep, that's right, out of 16 cards in the two packs, I get 10 black backgrounds! W T F Topps? Really? Give me a BREAK!! I buy the blaster to get the black cards, you then only give me 10 blacks, and you're gonna effing short me a card! Not cool. The only possible redeeming fact in this whole fiasco are the two Phillies, including the #232 Jamie Moyer that I've been hunting for!! Now, all I need is the Target throwback and I'm set!!

Now, the throwback patch cards are kinda cool, but out of three blasters, I've pulled a Ryan Zimmerman  Expos first, then a Ichiro Pilots throwback (which is traveling around the world as we speak) and the third, another Expos, though this one is the Strasburg one.




Thanks for reading, and letting me rant, again,
Have a GReat day.
Dawgbones

2 comments:

Funner Here said...

Hmmm...since I collect Zim AND Strasburg...if you want to unload those let me know and I can see what I have that you might like (yes, even of the Phillies variety)!

Alfredo Ortega said...

Me too i'll take both patch cards off your hands.... I have many o hits you would like!!!