Sunday, June 12, 2011

Smed's Shpring Smorgasboard...

A few weeks ago, Smed, over at Smed's Baseball Card Blog, announced that he was attempting to perform a spring cleaning of sorts. He offered, for a pittance, to send teams cards to us. The pittance being a few cards from his want list plus the actual cost of shipping the cards. I signed on for the Diamondbacks and my Phillies, of course.
Smed packed everything up and sent it, then emailed me the "postage due" amount of $28. Now, I must make a small confession, my immediate thought was, "wow, that's a lot of money in shipping!" then it really struck me, "that's a lot of money, how much did he send my way?!?!"
Well, I found out, he sent me two very nice boxes of Diamondbacks and Phillies cards. I would have been ecstatic, but he did not just send me those, he also included a third box, for which I am still organizing and creating a want list... cause this third box was full of 2007 cards, 2007 Topps cards, Opening Day, Series 1, Series 2, and the Updates & Highlights cards!! I am, in two words, Blown Away!! (and that want list is going to be surprisingly small when I get it done)
So with that preamble, join me on a journey of discovery:


Some vary shiny chrome.
thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!!
Dawgbones

No comments: