Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Wishing all my readers the very Happiest of New Years!
May the best day of your past be the absolute worst day of your future!

and I just can't wait to show this off, it's even baseball related!!

Christmas Gifts 2011:
My wife and I have been searching and collecting baseball material (fabric) for the last year and a half or so. Trying in vain to find some type of Phillies pattern so she could make me a new quilt. Lo and behold, she presented me with my baseball quilt for Christmas this year!!

the backing is flannel, to keep me warm until spring training begins the new season:


surrounding the outer edges, we have a base/hitter/runner and the diamond:


next up, a few more baseball related items spread over a blue background:


followed by bats, balls, and gloves, this was my favorite find, I just love the colors:


centered was the second favorite find, the pitchers proverbial playground:


Now, I know what you are thinking, where's the Phillies!! Well I gotta tell you, damned MLB and their stinking licensing. There are very few fabrics available outside of fleece (and with 4 dogs, fleece ain't my best friend). Well, what's a woman to do for her husband and his favorite team??






















I tell you what she does, she gets damned inventive, that's what she does, purchasing two very large, very freaking SCHWEET wool pennants, and makes them the center of my very cool, very OWN Phillies quilt!!



How freaking cool is that!!!

And that, my Phello Phillies Phriends, as well as the rest of my readership, is why my wife is the best damn friend I could ever hope to have.

Great Job Mrs. Dawgbones, you have definitely outdone yourself this year and should be very proud of yourself. I think you just made of bunch of my fellow collectors very jealous!!

Thanks for reading,
Have a very safe and Happy New Year Everybody!
Dawgbones

3 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

That's awesome! You're a lucky man!

Fuji said...

Wow... that quilt is awesome. I agree with dkwilson... you're a very lucky man. Happy New Year!

Play at the Plate said...

Now that's a gift! Happy New Year.