Friday, September 21, 2012

Where Are They Now: POW/MIAs

Let's throw a twist on one of Justin's  favorite posts:

The third Friday of September is National POW/MIA Recognition day:

FOR ALL MISSING AND POW's FROM ALL WARS.
THE POW/MIA FLAG:

I am the flag of thousands that never came home!
I am the empty face of the comrade in arms that you have left behind.
My colors are Black and White; there is no gray area with me.
I am either behind a barbwire fence, with a watchtower over me, or lying in a shallow grave in a foreign land.
...There was a time when I was flown throughout this country, but now you hardly ever see me.
I fly at Veterans Halls, Memorials, and the houses of those that still REMEMBER me.
I am quickly fading from your memory.
I am the FORGOTTEN ONE!
I was spawned out of WAR; I should NEVER have been born!
Is it because of that, most of you turn your head in shame when you see me?
Or is it because you are trying to forget me?
Is it that easy to forget a friend, a comrade, a loved one?
Tell me what I did that was so wrong, that I might know why you have left me here all these years after my
Brothers have all gone home.
Why must I labor for my captures, Day after Day?
Why do I lie in a shallow grave in a foreign land, where No One comes to visit me?
Why has my country FORSAKEN ME, and the people I fought for FORGOTTEN ME?
What did I do to deserve this from MY COUNTRY?
TELL ME WHY!
I just want you to know!
I AM STILL HERE!
Bring me HOME to the land I was born in, and the Country I so PROUDLY Served!
Dear GOD, bring me HOME!
“BRING THEM HOME or SEND US BACK”


By Stubby
Viet Nam Vets / Legacy Vets MC
“N” Chapter TEXAS
US Army “Retired”
Thank You for sharing this Stubby..
with all due respect, Richard Nebe








This Flag will be flown until they ALL come home.


Have a GReat weekend everybody!


and 


Thank a Vet, wontcha? It's the least we can do for all that they do!


Dawgbones

No comments: