Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Promise fulfilled...

Have you ever joined a break, hoping for a good card? and not received it... but got something else you totally weren't expecting?

Early this month, Dave over at Tribe Cards, held a small group break for a box of 2013 Allen & Ginter's.
Though I'd already secured most of my A&G Phillies, I decided to join, hoping for something good. Ok, well actually, I was hoping for 1 card, the Mike Schmidt Across the Years insert that I was missing.
I didn't get it, ok, honestly, I knew ahead of time that this card was not in there, but I took a chance anyways.

It paid off, namely with my first Allen & Ginter's no-numbered, red-backed mini #10/25:


I had promised a better scan once this lil puppy was in my grubby little paws, so here we are. Is it just me or does it seem very odd to number a no-numbered card??

Yep, thought ever so briefly about selling this one, but decided against it. Sometimes, just sometimes, personal greed does trump outright profit.
What say you?

thanks for reading,
Have a GReat night
Dawgbones

No comments: