Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Introducing...

Your 2013 Allen & Ginter Phillies:



Loving the fact that they've included both Roberts and Bunning in this set. And you can't go wrong with a Schmidt card from any set in my book!



I have a couple of relics from Mr. Kruk, and with the inclusion of the three minis (plus the TOO awesome red-backed Howard mini from Dave's ever-so-generous break),

Will get a better scan when this lil puppy is in my grubby lil paws!!

I am about 25% of the way to the mini-set of Phils as well! All I need to finish my full-size Ginter Phils is the Across the Years Schmidt card that Mr. Dimwit has promised to set aside for me! Thanks Sam.


Even got one of the framed mini-relics from one of my favorite first basemen, Mr. Howard. And I managed to pick all of the above up off of eBay for about the cost of 1-1/2 jumbo packs! Including shipping! The seller had the best offer option available and I threw what I thought was a low-ball offer at them, only to have it accepted in less than 30 minutes!! I wonder how much lower they might have accepted??

My wife will be relieved to know that I will not be buying any retail (or hobby) packs of Ginter this season! It may be cheating to get my Ginter Phils this way, but I feel as though I'm saving a lot of money this way! And even more personal credit between me and the Missus if you catch my drift!!

thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!
Dawgbones

1 comment:

Brad's Blog said...

I got outbid on ebay for the red back mini, went for like 22-23 dollars