Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Woes" conclusion, part 1, the Lil' Brown box...


After having survived the calamitous weekend that was! I finally got around to opening the Lil' brown box that was on my doorstop.

A Lil' while back, Ross, over at Sports Card Info, had a contest attached to a product review. I entered and was randomized a winner.

The product review was for the Lil' Teammates new line of football figure sets. It features a quarterback, running back, and lineman from most of your favorite NFL teams. As I am still boycotting my favorite team (the one featured in both Ross' and Sam's promo for the product) I chose the Vikings as my wife is from Minnesota, and her sister is a big fan of the home team.


I figured I might give them to my sister-in-law for Christmas, and even cleared a spot for them at work if I decided to be greedy, but they didn't stand a chance!


The first round of texts from my wife for the morning,

her:"Where did the little Vikings dudes go?"

me: "Here at work"

her: "R U keeping them?"

me: "Why?"

her: "Cause I want them..."

me: "What do you want them for?"

her: Because I wan them, I have been looking for them for a while. Couldn't ever find any and if I did they cost a fortune. Why? Did you give them away?"

me: "No." "Where you keeping them at the house?"

her: "I was going to open them and put them in the curio cabinet is all..."

me: "!!" (and thinking, so much for "keeping all the sports crap at your desk at work!")

me: "I can bring them back home..."


so, now they are wrapped and will be presented to her first thing Sunday morning as Sunday is her birthday!
Thanks for the neat contest Ross! I guess I figured out something to do with them after all!! And I'll post pictures of the other set that Sam random-ed me with when it arrives!

Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat weekend!
Dawgbones

No comments: