Saturday, December 3, 2011

Coins?

Anybody ever seen one of these before? As I mentioned in yesteray's post, I had been to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers' stadium in Appleton a few years back. While there (unfortunately, not for a game) I picked up a few items from the gift shop. Included in my purchase that day was a Fan Coin, it is 1 1/4" in diameter, slightly bigger than a fifty cent piece:



I sorta like the way it looked, love those Minor League Logos, and have carried it around in my pocket since then. Actually, it's one of three coins. I also have a 1976 Kennedy half-dollar that I received as change earlier this year and a 2007 James Madison Dollar coin that is the last of the 40 that my mom gave me for my 40th birthday, almost 4  years ago.

So, how about you guys, ever seen any of these fan coins? do you have an otherwise useless item that you carry around with you (Mrs. Dawgbones is wondering if I count as her useless item!!)

Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat weekend!
Dawgbones

2 comments:

Ryan G said...

I've seen a few of the coins around, and when I visited some MiLB parks in 2006-2008, I'd occasionally buy one as my park/team souvenir. I don't carry any coins around with me, but it seems that the book I've been trying to finish for months is useless, since I never seem to read it. I try to travel as light as possible.

Alec said...

I remember those coins, I have a Louisville Bats one (and do indeed keep it in my wallet). As I recall they came with some prize in each one (there was either a slip of paper in the packaging or an online code, I forget which). Most, like mine, were like 10% off of souvenirs, but a few had some nice prizes