Sunday, July 29, 2012

More Fuji-esque-ness, a la Dayf...


dayf asked...


What is the ugliest card set you've ever seen?


I have not been collecting cards long enough to come across any set that is truly ugly to me. I've seen singular cards in a set that are beyond hideous:


Three different versions of one ugly fricking card!!
I've seen downright crappy airbrush jobs on cards.



And I've seen enough con jobs in releases that downright infuriate me.
Here we have the classic con-job, an awesome photo of Jim Thome, in his familiar #25 Phillies uniform, with an obvious star from one of the I's in the Phillies jersey. And they are going to try and convince me that this is a white sox card. I'm throwing the B.S. flag for sure!
)thanks for the scan, Sam, and there still are no hard feelings here). This is probably the reason Upper Dec failed to keep their MLB license!!


Ah, screw that. That damned cheesy, bull-crap, Spot the Error insert set. That wins my vote for ugliest set.


and I still say the error was putting these damned things in packs of cards! At least make it more interesting, put more than one difference on the card. 


There you have it Dayf. Now for the awesomest set, a 1/1 hand painted Phillie:
Still love this card. Gets my vote for my favorite card this year!
even Augie Doggie approves!





Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat week!
Dawgbones

3 comments:

The Dimwit said...

I will never stop feeling horrible about that card...

Fuji said...

Love the painting... and definitely hate the Spot The Error design! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

If you want to see a set that is completely hideous from card #1 right up through the end, you need to take a look at the 1995 Fleer set. To this day, I have not been able to figure out what the designers at Fleer were thinking.