Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nobody's ever asked...

to see my balls before? Not exactly sure how I feel about that? Kinda feel weird? Fuji has posed another bat-a-round. This week's subject matter is baseball collections. I'm going to start with the ones I have readily available, namely, the collection in my cubicle at work. A quick count reveals 10 baseballs within easy reach of my chair.

Ranging from miniscule:

the ball, caught in a moment of time, ready to leave Thurmon's bat, presumably on it's way out of the park.


the next ball, also in a moment of time, leaving Utley's bat, also headed for the cheap seats!

the ground-out to shortstop.

and yes, even the last pitch from a Cardinal, eliminating our play-off contention in 2011.

to paper:
the baseball-shaped Steve Carlton, given to me by our favorite Troll.
to souvenir balls, purchased here and there:

My first Phillies, a birthday present from my sister-in-law:

my second Phillies ball, which came with a mini-glove.

the Nationals ball, and glove,

which prompted me to search for my team.



a Brewers ball from my time spent on Wisconsin's eastern shore of lake Michigan.


and even one from Paula Deen's restaurant on the Mississippi.

Now, before anyone cries foul, I know Fuji asked about signed baseballs, but I don't have any of those here at work. Those will have to wait for part 2.

Thanks for the interesting post subject Fuji,
I certainly hope every one enjoyed seeing my balls as much as I did showing them off!!
Have a very SAFE and HAPPY 4th everybody!
Leave the fireworks to the professionals!
thanks for reading,
Dawgbones

1 comment:

Fuji said...

great post... love seeing your balls (especially that Carlton).