Friday, November 11, 2011

The Holidays are approaching...

Growing up, I always knew the holidays were here when Thanksgiving rolled around. As I've grown older (I still refuse to grow up) I realize that I'd been missing one of the more important holidays, the one that actually starts the "holiday season".

Thanksgiving is the day to be thankful for all that we hold dear in life. Veteran's day is the day to be thankful for all of those willing to fight for and defend all that we hold dear in life.


Today is Veteran's Day, do me a favor and thank a Vet. (personally, I thank every service member I see, every day) They deserve honor and respect, if only for the job they are willing to do. Memorial day is a day to remember those that have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms, today is the day to thank all of those that are still with us, whether having served, or still serving.


To all of our service personnel, Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, Firefighters, Police, EMTs, and Coast Guard (I'd never forget you Coasties). Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I cherish everything I am able to do thanks in no small part for the everythings you guys and gals do everyday!!

Most people don't like to count the Coast Guard as "real" service. I tend to agree with them, somewhat. I think the Coast Guard is the "unreal" service, for the crazy things they have to face a lot more often than most. Being a fan of the Deadliest Catch, and having watched some of the rescues they perform at sea, I think you'd have to be certifiably crazy to want to do that job. My hat's off to you.



Enjoy your day Ladies and Gentlemen, you deserve it!!
God bless and take care,
Have a GReat day!
Richard aka Dawgbones

No comments: