Monday, February 14, 2011

Good things come in small packages...

Back again with the 2nd of my recent trade posts. this one courtesy of Smed's Baseball Card Blog. He recently contacted me with several of the 2008 Topps Opening Day Puzzle card pieces that I'm trying to finish. Anyways, he also promised to go through his extras and, "gather what I gots fer ya in the next week or so", well a week or so went by like nothing, and I received a small 4" cube mailer in last Wednesday's post (2/9). I am truly shocked at the amount of Phillies that you can fit in one tiny box.

Once again, with my scanner being down, I snuck a few through the scanner at work, just to show some of my favorites:



He included several surprises, a very nice Trevor May purple chrome, my first 2011 shiny Phillie, my third 2011 Phillie. Two more Charlie Manuels, that page is filling up quick.
The Polanco is a throwback-back, too cool. I love tha look of that Danny Jackson Flair card, nice coloring, and the dual action pictures make it a very good-looking card. The Ben Fransisco is a first, I've liked him since he arrived in Pa in '09, doubling in his first two games with the Phils. Another very nice looking Jamie Moyer, he's probably becoming my favorite pitcher and I truly hope he makes at least 1 comeback after his surgery late last year.

Perhaps my favorite, and totally unexpected, card ni this trade is the 2007 Tristar Adrian Cardenas. It's from the single-A Phillie team, the Lakewood Blueclaws. I don't know where some of these sets come from as most of my purchases are from Target. I only have 2 card shops available to me, and neither one of them is exactly close or convenient for me. There was a card show last weekend at the beach, I was planning on attending until they tapped me for some OT at work, I'm not turning down any extra hours so I worked this weekend instead.

Well, that's it for this post. Thanks for the trade box there Scott, I'm hoping to get something in the mail for you this week.
Thanks for reading,
Have a GReay day!
Dawgbones

No comments: