Wednesday, August 10, 2011

of Timing and Trade Bait...

I learned of a new blog recently, through the wonders of my trade bait page.
I threw that page together looking to find a few good homes for cards that other could appreciate better than I. Well, along comes Cheap Cardboard Collecting,
he was interested in a few of the football cards I've had on that page forever, and offered several choice cards, which showed up in the mail over the weekend:
The Utley is schweet, I really like these sparkly-bedazzled cards. Though I'm not trying for this whole insert set, I am trying to secure all the Phillies.


He also offered up the first Auto to fit one of my more peculiar categories, the "Odd Name", with this Hernan Iribarren. Now what he did not tell me was that this card was from Hernan's minor league days with the Beloit Snappers!! Too Cool, I just love the minors, and actually just ordered a box of minor leaguers from Baseball Card Exchange (along with two others to be posted about soon). Yeah, it's a stickered auto, but, you know what, that doesn't mean very much to me as it's still an awesome card.

Thanks for the great trade Anthony, hope your end of this deal is as enjoyable for you as my end is for me!

Which brings me to a bit of good timing, as my new found friend is having a contest, go on over and enter, it looks to be very similar to Fuji's big Summer of Fun affair that just ended, results to be posted soon. The obligatory following and pimping is asked for, but I think the end results will be worth it, plus, dude's got a nice blog with tons of good info.

So, go on over, and as always, tellem Dawgbones sentcha!!
Thanks for reading, and the GReat cards.
Have a GReat day!
Dawgbones

Oh, and did you catch the scores from last night? In response to the often debated rule, I just wanted to point out that the Phillies Mr. Lee hit his second homer of the year to secure another win on the road!! Dang, our "designated hitter" can pitch the ball like nobody's bidness too!!

No comments: