Thursday, March 10, 2011

and now for something completely different...

Earlier this week, I picked up a pack of Retail 2011 Press Pass Elements Race cards.
The 6 cards yielded 5 base cards and 1 insert.

Overall I am impressed with the look of these cards, they are the first race cards I've purchased since sometime back in the 90's. I got out of trading cards when the per pack price went over $2 average.
I was happy to see the insert as it is of my favorite driver/owner.


The rest of the cards in the pack were nice as well. The design has a throwback theme with a semi-glossy front/cardboard back featuring either a race car/truck on the front with information related to either that particular car or race cars in general. The other cards feature a driver with his or her information on the back of the card.







The five base cards included:
The #5 GODADDY.COM Chevrolet
The #24 DuPONT Chevrolet
The #29 Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet (don't know if the red border is a parallel)
Josh Wise, driver of the #7 Nationwide Chevy for JR Motorsports
(I guess when Danica is not driving it?)
James Buescher, driver of the #31 Chevy truck


and definitely my favorite card from this pack is the High Octane Vehicle #9/12 - #55 NAPA Racing 2007 Toyota Camry, driven by my favorite owner/driver, Michael Waltrip. I started rooting for Mikey after meeting him in person at one of my local Chevy dealers back when he first formed his team, and before he switched to Toyota. These cards are seeded 1:6 packs so I feel pretty good about getting the insert out of this single pack purchase, and it's always a bonus when the insert fits your collecting goals.

All the cards are available, of course except for the HOV.

Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!
Dawgbones

PS - did you catch yesterday's post, Unfinished Business, there may be something that interests you...

No comments: