Friday, March 18, 2011

Arghhh... yle, that is!!

So, over the last few pack breaks, Greg, over at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle, has been asking me to snag this card or that card and hold it aside for him. I gladly obliged him, creating a rather large stack that finally found it's way out of my blog trade box and zoomed off to him. You can read about that here.

In return, he sent me:



I guess he's going to have to rename his blog to cardigan now!!
And I found this:

in the pocket! We now have half a chance at the next round of Phungo's STS contest!!



Now, not to put all the kidding aside just yet, I can't believe he ran out of Phillies in trades with that other new Phillies blog, Things are Funner Here, knowing he had all these cards over here just waiting for him!!

 I should have auctioned off his cards to the highest bidder!! But, lucky for him, I'm good natured, fully believe in Karma (no worries, it's ALL GOOD!!), and most importantly for him, collect several other teams that he could, and did, choose from.

He did manage to find a couple Phillies that Miss Julie had not snagged yet as he included my favorite closer, Mr. Lidge. And our favorite powerhouse, when he connects, that ball is outa here, but mostly it's one, two, threee strikes, you're OUT! Ryan Howard.

Along with those, he sent some very nice cards from the D-Backs, Sox, and Yanks. My favorite card from this lot is probably the '67 Twins team card. I don't have many team cards, but the ones I have are really neat and this one is now the oldest team card I have.

I really like the '91 Score Lenticular Trivia card too, that's another first for my collection.




Thanks for the trade Greg, let me know when you get some more Phillies to trade and I'll let you have your F5 key back (maybe).

I have another trade post that I'd like to publish, but I must beg forgiveness and plead pig-ignorance as I've mis-placed the party responsible for the goodies (tooo many trades flyin in and out of the old snail-box!!). If you read this and have sent me the following card amongst others, please let me know who you are as I want to give credit where credit is due.



Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat weekend!
Dawgbones

4 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Mah F5! Give it back, give it back!

Glad the cards were to your liking, looking forward to our next trade!

Justin McLeod said...

That is the weirdest thing that I have ever seen included in a trade package.

Dawgbones said...

Which one Justin, the F5 key or the sweater?

Justin McLeod said...

The sweater. It's not argyle. The F5 key I understand.