Friday, March 11, 2011

Want lists are a wonderful thing...

This is supposed to be a trade post, only I did not do anything other than place a want list page on my blog. A few days after updating my want list last week, a package showed up from Ted, over at Crinkly Wrappers. It contained, among other things, several dozen cards from my 2008 Topps Opening Day want list, including a few of those puzzle cards that got me started on this set. I think I ended up not needing about 4 cards that he sent. He also included several cards from my Mis-Cut category, but I'll save that for another post.

Now, curiously enough, Ted also included one card from the 2007 Topps Opening Day puzzle set, but I don't care how many of those he sends me, I"M NOT GOING TO START ON THAT SET, TED!! (at least not until I'm done with the '08 set ~ LOL)

Now, about a minute after deciding to collect the whole '08 OD set, Scott, from over at Smed's Baseball Card Blog shoots me an email that he will send along "some" of the extras he has for that set.

Well, he has a slighty screwed up definition of the word some, cause he sent me 50 cards! And he also included two cards for that other oddball category as well (more on that Monday).

These are the cards for my '08 Topps.

Now I don't mean to sound critical of either Ted or Scott, but between the two of them, they must have sent me over 100 cards for that set, and not knowing what the other was sending, they still only managed to send me 20 duplicates, hell that's better than I've done with anything I've bought from Topps, other than my 2010 factory set!!

Thanks Ted and Scott, I'm now a whole lot closer to finishing that set now, and then maybe I can look at the other one Ted's trying to tempt me into starting!!

I will close with this... If you have not put some type of want list together, what the hell are you waiting for?? There are plenty of bloggers like Ted and Scott (and me for that matter) just waiting to help you out with a card or two (or 50!!), often for no more in trade than the empty shelf space you've helped create in our homes by adopting our unwanted extras.

Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!!
Dawgbones

OK, I lied, I'm actually going to close with a plug for my 1st contest, going on here.
And I'm trying to figure out something unique to maybe qualify for extra entries, got any ideas?

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Dawg, I got the package you sent! Thanks, it was a homerun!

Justin McLeod said...

The picture on the Howard card is the same photo that they used for the puzzle, I think.

Greg Zakwin said...

Well, you ARE the master of picking up extra entries haha.

SpastikMooss said...

Wow that's a lot of red!

Greg Zakwin said...

Ted and Scott are trading gods, they send so many cards. And they're all great, useful cards.