Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unfinished Business...



Thankfully, most of my unfinished business lies outside of the blogosphere. My Blog Trade Box is thankfully almost empty. The last two packages will hit the snail mail this week (Tim & Greg Z. this is your warning to be on the lookout).

Thanks to a very busy February at work (lots of O.T.), I have a few unfinished things around my house. 2 of which I am hoping to overcome this spring/summer.

Number 1 on my shortlist, I bought a computer desk for my spare room that needs staining/assembly. I hope to knock that out in the next week or so.

I was recently contacted by the fine folks over at CSN stores for a possible partnership, including a giveaway for my U.S. and Canadian blog readers (my 1st contest to be announced very soon).

Amongst the information was a link to their Recessed Lighting area.

The timing could not be more perfect as the second project I am hoping to at least make major progress on is my wife's kitchen remodel. We are undecided as to what direction we want to go in for the counter tops, flooring, and lighting. The information from CSN has given us several ideas and many options to choose from, which will make the lighting decision a lot easier.



Now for the contest. (how’s that for soon!!)

I am kind of curious what you guys think about my ideas and postings here at "A Phillies Phan". Simply enough, leave a comment telling me which one of my posts was your favorite, and why. If you have not read my posts, no problem, just tell me which one of my four girls is your favorite, Kaylee, Fred, Willow, or Piper (hint, use the search feature for the post about my girls). That’s it, pretty simple, right? Oh, let’s leave this open until next Wednesday, 3/16/11. Then on the 17th, I’ll randomize the entries 7 times, and the lucky entry in spot #7 will make everybody else GReen with envy when they win a $35 gift code towards a future CSN stores purchase.

Thanks for reading,
Good luck, and have a GReat day!!
Dawgbones

13 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Thanks for the contest. I'm a fan of your trade reviews. I know a lot of bloggers don't scan/feature every card, so it's fun to see what you got.

Offy said...

I've got to say the trade posts as well. To me, that's the best part of having a blog even though I haven't done as many lately.

Spankee said...

Personally, I like when you open a pack and mention that you are holding certain cards just for me. That's my selfish reason anyway. I dig the trade reviews too. I try to show most everything that gets sent my way, so I like seeing when others appreciate trades the way I do.

Ryan G said...

Before I even looked up the post, I knew that your four girls were named after TV characters (mostly from Whedon shows). Felicia Day would be proud. I'm a softy for golden retrievers so I have to say Fred's my favorite. Though Piper looks fun as well.

I haven't been following your blog long enough to have a favorite post yet. I do like seeing what people get though - trade posts, opening packs, etc. and their opinions on the cards, and you do a good bit of that.

Domestic Diva said...

I just have to say, I like the randomizing 7 times and then choosing #7. It sounds very thorough.

And I like the name Willow.

lovelydomesticdiva (at) gmail (dot) com

Justin McLeod said...

There's not just one thing that I like. I have a very short list of blogs that I make sure to read every day, and yours is one of them. Keep up the good work!

Greg Zakwin said...

Your Presidential Pickup Post was pretty sweet. I say that as a History major.

Thanks for the contest, and I'll keep a lookout for the cards! Should have yours out this weekend.

BA Benny said...

I can't nail down a favorite post as they all rock. I do enjoy the trade posts. Piper wiould be my favorite as she's a cutie and I love the whole rescue from the shelter thing.

The Dimwit said...

I like the trade posts and contest winnings. I like seeing the cards people get in their trades and stuff people win for free!

Thanks for the contest!

Play at the Plate said...

I also liked the Hoover relic post.

http://dawgbonesaphilliesphan.blogspot.com/2011/01/interesting-addition-to-my-collection.html

I like presidential cards and had never seen those before.

Thanks!

Dan said...

I like the "and now for something completely different" posts. it's cool to see stuff out of the ordinary. are you going to be doing more phillies stuff when the season starts?

SpastikMooss said...

Piper wins!

Liz said...

I like your trade posts, and I think Willow and Piper are particularly cool names!

eemoody77 at gmail dot com