Sunday, January 30, 2011

An interesting addition to my collection...

Picked myself up a Hoover relic today. President Hoover, that is. Now, you may be asking yourself, what does President Hoover have to do with baseball, and why would Dawgbones, A Phillies Fan, be interested? The answer to the first question, it's a Presidential First Pitch card, from his tossing the first pitch on 4-17-29, with a peice of Griffith Stadium imbedded in it. The answer to the second question, upon further research, shows this particular game was between the Washington Senators and the other Philadelphia team, the Athletics, which the Philly team won 4-3. It's from the 2002 Topps American Pie set.
I ran across this little jewel at my LCS (that's Local COMIC Shop) last Wednesday, and is a unique find considering my Comic guy does not do sports cards.:

 















I initailly picked it up to offer to BA Benny for his American Flag collection, but he told me "bunting" does not count, though agreeing that it is a very cool card, none the less.

So, I am going to add this one to my own PC (for now) and see where it leads me in the future.
thanks for reading,
Have a GReat week,
Dawgbones

3 comments:

Collective Troll said...

Interesting is the perfect adjective for this one... Very interesting... Nice pick up!

Play at the Plate said...

I like presidential cards and have never seen those. Very nice.

BA Benny said...

Looks great! Nice score for your PC. Thanks for thinking of me when you saw it.