Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spankee promised me a payback...

And BOY, did he deliver, he did not just get even, he leaped way ahead. I'm blown away!!

If you will remember back in December, Spankee held his 100th Post Contest, wherein he asked ten trivia questions, with the answers being found throughout his first 99 posts. Well, I did get all the answers correct, but was not the winner. Well, in searching for the answers, I discovered several things:

a. Spankee's got a great blog, with a lot of useful information, My Cardboard Mistress, head over & check it out.
b. Spankee and I practically grew up as neighbors, I still live in Chesapeake.
c. He now lives where I now work, in Hampton
d. He possessed two cards that I wanted to try and add to my collection.

Just after Christmas, I hit him up with a surprise package, with a little help from BA Benny. You can read about that one here. I was very pleased when my two wanted cards showed up in yesterday's mail.














An awesome Ryan Howard relic, and an equally awesome Mickey Mantle history card. This card fits me on several levels, of course Mantle wears the #7 (my first dog's name was Seven), she was also a Golden Retriever/German Shepherd mix, very similar to the pup in the picture, and I also collect Yankees.

I would have been very happy and thought that we were more than even at this point in the trade,

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! I've always wanted to use that cheesy line.
Imagine my shock and happiness when the rest of this:
 





























 I just love the Phanatic cards. I now have two in my Phillies PC. Plus one from the 2010 Opening Day set. My wife mail ordered a Phillie Phanatic from the Build-a-Bear Workshop for Christmas several years ago.





fell out of the package, and last, but certainly not least, he also included a little Burdick logo card and a NASA sticker from where he is employed.
too frickin cool for words, I could not have been more impressed, or pleased with the results of this little ruse!

Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!
Dawgbones

2 comments:

Spankee said...

Glad you like them. I'm a sucker for surprises, so I wanted to make sure I reciprocated accordingly.

Dawgbones said...

Well dude,
there's two of me in my office right now, cause I'm beside myself with shock over this reciprocation!! Thanks again.