Monday, January 3, 2011

My 43rd 3rd...

As I sit here on my 43rd January 3rd, I am feeling pretty good. I had a very nice new years day with my family, trading gifts since we did not get together at Christmas. My wife made several quilts for family members as gifts. We also reupholstered a small rocking chair that used to sit in the living room of my grandmother's home for my new niece. I could not begin to count the generations of children, including yours truly, that have sat in that chair every New Years Day in Philly, watching the parade pass by the front window. It was nice to be part of the passing to the next generation.

I bought a few packs of cards over the weekend, nothing special in those. I won a few blogger contests over the holidays, which I will expound upon when I receive the winner's spoils in a week or so.

I completed a successful, surprise bribe package with Spankee over at My Cardboard Mistress,  read his reaction here.

I did buy a few more packs of Fathead Tradeables yesterday at Ollie's Bargain center, for those folks unfamiliar with the Fatheads, or those that have not received some in the mail from me, these are vinyl, reusable stickers that come five per pack, I get mine from Ollie's Bargain Outlet for $2.99 per pack. Each 5"x7" sheet has either a player and small team logo or a large team logo. I've purchased several packs over the past year, and given away several in trade/surprise mailings in the last few months.
Yesterday's packets netted the following:


two Yankees for my Y-PC. the rest are up for grabs





 and the last sheet that slipped out of the package was my first Phillies sheet, the large team logo. Not a bad little Birthday surprise for my 43rd 3rd!


I think I may use this scan on my blog somewhere when I can figure it out.
Thanks for reading,
Have a GReat day!!
Dawgbones

4 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

Happy Birthday! I really enjoyed the fatheads that you sent me!

Dawgbones said...

Thanks Justin, it's been a pretty good day. Got my Cole Hamels relic cards from the bay today, out to dinner with family. A nice day.

Play at the Plate said...

Happy Birthday and I hope you have a great 2011! It's nice to start out with something cool for your collection like that big logo.

Dawgbones said...

Yep, very cool, and thanks. I managed to find a decent shade of blue binder for that fathead to grace the cover, and hold my Phillies PC.